Inspiration for the 4th!

It's Feature Friday
Unity takes EVERY Friday to Show Off our Guest Designers!
Elizebeth is our Gal for July
...and she is amazing!!!!




























Elizebeth has ASTOUNDING TALENT!
She has made my post VERY EASY for today. We asked Elizebeth to share some information as well as inspiration.
Introducing Elizebeth:
Bio:

I live with my wonderful husband and our 2 gorgeous girls just North of Seattle, Wa. He works at Microsoft on the Zune team and I am blessed to be able to stay at home with our girls. While I usually only get an hour or so during the day, my creative moments happen in the evening after the girls are in bed.

Over the years I have dabbled in all areas of craftiness but my love of paper crafts has been the only constant. It is especially exciting when I can blend papercrafts with jewelry design, something I really enjoy. Altered items are also a fun project because with each one I feel I get so much better. I love exploring what techniques I like or don't enjoy.

I haven't taken an art class since elementary school and I'm able to draw some pretty decent stick figures. So I would never have called myself an artist until recently. While I might not be able to draw the image, I can surely paint or color it better then I imagined. I had such a connection with the title of artist and being able to execute a painting or sketch from start to finish. What led me to change my mind was thinking of my years of studying the violin and wanting to play with the Seattle Symphony. While I could play, I couldn't write the music, yet I never thought less of myself because of it. When I accepted that I can't draw the images but can take them from lines to a scene full of life and shadows I became more accepting of thinking of myself as an artist.

The opportunities to work with such amazing companies and people are such a blessing. I am constantly amazed at how lucky I am to be able to design with products I love. Thank you so much Angela for letting me be a guest with you this month! {We are so happy to have you! - Thank YOU!}

Favorite Quote:

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."

Shell Silverstein

Favorite Music:

The Cure, INXS, Ferraby Lionheart, Depeche Mode, Feist, Cat Power, Massive Attack, Aretha Franklin, Smooth Jazz, Big Band and classical.

Inspiration about the box and tag:

I've had the chipboard cube for months, and then last week I had an idea. So I started covering with paper and stamping and embellishing and it literally just happened. The tag scrapbook was again inspired by the altered tags shared on the Unity Forum. I had so many of them and started to stack them by size and thought it would be cute if they were a flip book. So again, I started to alter them and just kept going until it was done. I am completely inspired by Unity's images, they make me want to create!
We have just stopped into Unity after the 4th of July Parade. Our little town goes from 1500 people to over 10,000! Our town is located on Beautiful Green Lake and it draws TONS of people to celebrate!
I hope you have an AMAZING 4th of July!
A great BIG THANK YOU to all of the people that have sacrificed so much to allow us to CELEBRATE OUR FREEDOM!