Be HAPPY for This MOMENT...

Hi everyone!

WOW...I'm still pinching myself as it's Monday and here I am as the December Guest Designer for UNITY!   Thank you SO much for your super warm welcome...you guys really know how to make a girl feel good.   All I know is that I am among some of the most creatively talented women in this industry so this is QUITE the honor...one that I am very HAPPY about!  

Do you ever feel like THIS time of year just makes ya a little nuts?   I LOVE the Holidays.   LOVE the music, the tree trimming...the cookies...the family...even the shopping, I must admit...when I can take my TIME, I do actually enjoy it.

Nevertheless, I still feel like sometimes I get caught up with the best of them and stress a bit too much...and when I was creating this weekend for today's post, I couldn't help but stop and think a minute about this sentiment, from the upcoming {Delightful Moments}, our December Kit of the Month:

"  BE HAPPY for THIS MOMENT"...


Isn't that the nicest sentiment?  And so true....just think of all the things I'm going to miss if I stay so focused on the Dec. 25th instead of the December 7th....TODAY.

I'll share with you my Monday...my TODAY:

TODAY...I will send my kids off to school...and my four year old DD will say to her older sister (her "seezy"), like she does every day when they are unloading out of my mini-van "Seezy, can I have a kiss and a hug?"  I will be SO HAPPY for that MOMENT.

Later today, that same four year old DD will come up to me for no apparent reason and throw her arms around me, like she does every day, out of the blue, and squeeze my neck until I practically choke, haha.  She'll say "I'm giving you a SQUEEEEEEZE, Mommy"...I will be SO HAPPY for that MOMENT.

About 2:30pm, the kids will get off the bus and they'll smile at me from the street, and then all three of them will run up to see who gets to give Mom a hug first...are you KIDDING ME?   SO HAPPY for that MOMENT.

About 6:00pm I will watch my boys play their 2nd basketball game of the season.   They will look at me, from time to time, and catch my eye up in the bleachers with the BIGGEST, PROUDEST smile on their faces, and give me the "thumbs up" sign, as they have done before during practices. I will be SO HAPPY for that MOMENT.

Last but not least, I will serve my children tacos for dinner tonight, and wonder which one will say the prayer before dinner...Perhaps it will be my little Nicky, who is always grateful for his food, LOL , but is learning to be thankful for bigger things, like family and his parents and his sibling...or maybe it will his twin brother Jack, who will quietly pray for our family but then will take the time to pray for the friend who had a bloody nose or was sick from school today...or my oldest child, Madelynn, who will pray for our family, our health, and our well-being but then will go on to pray for the things she already knows in this world that need to change..and she will BE part of that change one day, I'm convinced of it.  Yeah, I can tell you that no matter WHO decides it's "their turn" at our dinner table tomorrow...I will be SO HAPPY for that MOMENT.

Well, my friends, I hope you've enjoyed my little crashing of Ang's blog today!  I am SO honored to be here! Thanks for reading and know that I'm happy for this moment, too...and for being about to share it with you!


Have a GREAT Monday!
~xoxo, Jessica :)


" Slow down and enjoy life.  It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast...you also miss the sense of where you are going...and why..."  ~Eddie Cantor