Two Years....

Good Morning!

It's Christi here...as I was thinking about what to write here today, it occurred to me that this is about the time of the year that I started working with Unity so I looked it up. I officially started working with Unity as part of the design team on January 6, 2008 so tomorrow is my 2nd anniversary with Unity. :o)

It's been an AMAZING 2 years! As you all know, Unity is a wonderful company and I continually count my lucky stars that I get to be a very small part in all of this.

Thank you, Angela for letting me play with your wonderful stamps every day!!!

And speaking of playing with stamps, I have been doing a bit of that lately with the newest Kit of the Month, Savor the Journey. Have you checked it out yet?!? If not, you need to PLUS Unity announced some AMAZING new kit member benefits yesterday. Wow!! It just keeps getting BETTER!


Between this blog and my blog, I am sharing 6 cards today. They are all based on the same basic layout. This was the first card (above) that I created and it occurred to me that this was a great (and easy) layout for just about any stamp so I started to play with the kit to see what I could do.
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Savor the Journey
*Cosmo Cricket papers
*Cuttlebug embossing folder
*Palette Burnt Umber inkpad
*Nestabilities scallop ovals
*watercolor pencils
*******
Again, this card uses that same basic layout, I just turned it on it's side and used a different Nestability. I love that stylized flower, but wanted it to have a bit more dimension that straight stamping so I inked it up first in green ink, then rolled the edges into red ink, and then rolled the edges again (with a lighter hand) into brown ink. It gives a really cool effect and is great for images like this. {you might need to click on it to really see the effects of all the colors}
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Savor the Journey
*K&Company paper
*Nestabilities Labels 4 diecut
*Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder
*KaiserCraft flat-back pearl
*CTMH Sweet leaf & cranberry inkpads
*Palette Burnt Umber inkpad
*********

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~unknown


"The day that you decide to do it is your lucky day." ~Japanese Proverb

"I think most of the people involved in any art always secretly wonder whether they are there because they're good or there because they're lucky." ~Katherine Hepburn
{I LOVE this quote and I am thinking that I am just lucky, but I am okay with that.} ;o)