Design Team Tuesday with Lesley

It’s Lesley Langdon here!  I am new to the Unity team and I am so excited to be a part of this AWESOME company as it continues to provide us crafters with inspirational and fun stamps to work with!  I thought about my post today quite a bit, and thought about what I could share with you, and I just decided to bring it back to basics with a simple question.

Why do I stamp?

I started out stamping and scrapbooking, because I met a new and crafty friend that scrapbooked and made cards.  She stamped on her layouts and albums, so naturally, I did too!  Despite all the products that are available on the market to dress up a layout, I always want to reach for a stamp or two to provide a little something more.  They either can be incorporated at the end of my project, or at the very beginning. 

But here are some good reasons I came up with about why I stamp:


Stamps can say so much on a layout, provide information and perhaps a journal box?  I used the new scrapbooking kit from Unity, called Grateful YOU.  That HUGE date stamp allows me to creatively choose the date that has meaning, and leaves some space in the middle for the year, or perhaps a little journaling.  There is also the journal box, Gratitude List which was perfect to coordinate with my little “grateful” epoxy sticker that was already on the layout.  Then came the title, where the word YOU can be used on so many layouts. 

The title of this layout is : “You are the Most Wonderful Story”.


The stamp set Grateful You can be found here.



Here is the date stamp, cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities and my Cuttlebug after I stamped it onto white paper.  I colored in the YOU with a Copic marker.


I stamped the cute journal box onto kraft cardstock and used it to write my thoughts about my 3rd born William.  There is actually quite a bit of room to write!



 
 Have a wonderful stampy day!
 
{Ippity} {Ippity}