Growing in Unity and Unity Addicts Challenge Wednesday

It's Maria Levine here with your Growing In Unity gal and this week's Unity Addicts Challenge.

This week's Growing in Unity gal is Carol B. She will be inspiring you all week with fabulous projects using Unity stamps. First let's start with a little something about Carol:

"I am a married mom of two college age young men. My husband and I have been married for 30 years. I am educated in Civil Engineering and Physics, but I am currently "retired."

I now live in St. Louis, but am a native New Yorker. I lived in Atlanta for many years and recently had the opportunity to live in Italy for two years. I met so many wonderful people, ate some fabulous food and learned to speak Italian. While there I was fortunate to be able to travel to many places including Egypt, Norway, Scotland, Denmark, France, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Greece and England. Besides crafting, travel is also a passion of mine.

I have been crafting in one way or another my entire life. My mom taught me how to embroider when I was young and, as a child, I loved making homemade cards using construction paper and whatever odds and ends I could find. I enjoy quilting, knitting, crochet, stamping, scrap booking and card making.

I discovered Unity in the Summer of 2009 and quickly became a Kit Club member. I love the diverse images and inspirational sayings that the Unity artists create. I also love that Unity keeps up with and sets trends in the industry. Angela and the entire Unity team are so responsive to what customers want. I just love how Angela asks what images we'd like to see in the kits and lo and behold they're in the new kit! What other company does that???

One of my most important endeavors is making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends handmade cards overseas for military personnel to mail home to loved ones. Our brave military men and women sacrifice so much to serve our nation away from home and I feel honored to be able to share this wonderful hobby with such worthy recipients."

Here is a fabulous card Carole made this week which also happens to be this week's Unity Addicts Challenge:


Be sure to swing by Carol's blog every day this week for lots of inspiration! I know she will have some amazing creations to share with you. At the end of the week Carole will pick a random winner from all her wonderful comments and that person will win a fabulous Unity prize!

Thanks to all who played along with last week's Unity Addicts Challenge. The winner will be announced in the forum. Now it's time for this week's challenge. Our guest this week is Janna. The challenge this week is to pick your favorite fairy tale and use something from it as inspiration. Come join us in the Challenge forum!

Here is what Janna came up with for this challenge. she used Snow White as the inspiration:

Be sure to swing on by the Unity Challenges Forum to play along this week. There is a chance at an awesome Unity Kit for one random player!

If you have a challenge idea we want to hear it, come by this thread to let us know. Maybe you will be the next Unity Addict Challenge Guest!!

Thanks for stopping by!


Till next week!






{Ippity}{Ippity}