Design Team Tuesday - 8-16-11

Happy Design Team Tuesday everyone!  It's Wendy here, and by the time you read this, I will be on vacation - my first unencumbered go away vacation vacation in a long time!!  I'm beyond excited!!

I was at the art store the other day, and scored on some Strathmore Watercolor 140lb cold pressed paper journals that were on clearance.  At $1.47 each, and with 44 pages of 3.5x5" high quality watercolor paper, I couldn't resist.  I finally got the chance to sit down with this gorgeous paper and play around with my Neocolor 2 crayons and some mixed media techniques.  For the image, I used my beloved SuziBlu stamps Spring Flower Chic and collaged with stamps from the August Kit of the Month What I Know. I first stamped the image and colored it with the neocolor2 (oooh - these are smooth like butter!!), then made a background around it with 4 different blue and green shades of Neocolor2; then I stamped in different shades of green and blue on top of it all to give it a little depth.  I went over some of the image edges with a black permanent marker to define them.  Final step was inking the edge of the page. I hope you like her!


And my quote of the day and one of my life's rules - don't ever let yourself stagnate and be shaped by outside factors

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.  -Albert Einstein

Have a great Tuesday.  -Wendy




{Ippity} {Ippity}