A Flakey Inspiration Wednesday!

Good Afternoon!
Shellye here with a card that I'm so excited about sharing on this
INSPIRATION WEDNESDAY
I love, love finding photos of inspiration throughout the 
blog-o-sphere, but most especially on Pinterest.
In search of the perfect inspo piece for today's post, I found
this beautiful picture of vintage ball ornaments that were showcased
in a shadowbox frame...(I would like to try this too!)
Photo pinned from countryliving.com

Here is my card created from this inspiration:
I used the snowflake stamp from the October Unity Kit-of-the-Month,
as well as the holly leaves.
First, I stamped the snowflakes onto a dark red cardstock with an
Alabaster Fluid Ink by Colorbox...I love the way this goes on and looks on
darker cardstock papers.
I used a 2.5" circle punch to cut out the snowflakes.
I then layered the circles onto a dark blue ornament punch (by Fiskars)
You could use any type of punch that creates a cool top for your ornament!
Before attaching my ornaments to the blue background, I drew two lines
in which my ornaments would 'hang' from.  Just measure out the same distance
from the sides...you could also machine stitch over the line or even use baker's
twine.  
Next, I stamped the holly leaves onto a bright green cardstock and
cut out.  
Finally, I attached my ornaments to the cardfront with foam squares and
added a small adhesive pearl to the center of each.  Using a fine-point glue pen,
I added on a border of red and white baker's twine around the perimeter!

This turned out to be such a fun, yet simple card to put together!
Perfect for those quick Christmas cards that you may need to whip up this year :)
That's all from me today!
And I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Shellye
{Ippity} {Ippity}

Labels: , ,