Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Inspiration Wednesday!

Hello! 
It's Thienly here for another Inspiration Wednesday!

I've been totally loving the 'restored' vintage funiture look recently, 
and found this photo that inspired me today!

 photo inspirationphoto_zpsca879c3c.jpg

This picture reminded me of my dad's cabinet that he used to have when I was young.

He would put everything in there...
from his glasses, keys...
to his cool gadgets and tools...
and his favorite books :)

So... being inspired and feeling nostalgic about this photo - 
I decided to take some 'square' pieces of paper, 
and line them up to make it look like 'cabinet compartment'.

I love the father-themed stamps in this current KOM,
and worked so ever perfectly as some of those were square!

 photo Youmakemyheartpuffy_zps4bbc3f4b.jpg

Here's my card!
 photo DSC_1064_zps49c3da13.jpg

I placed some of the square tiles with a foam tape, 
to make some 'compartments' pop!

 photo DSC_1067_zps2a00df6e.jpg

The mustache (LOVE THIS!) was stamped onto acetate, 
and was cut, and raised using black foam stickers.

 photo DSC_1066_zpsad887c4f.jpg

I also added some wooden chipboard - 
always completes the look that I want :)
Anyway - hope that I was able to 'inspire' YOU today!

Don't forget to 'hop' to check out the new releases and the sale starting tomorrow - 
it's gonna be another exciting Thursday!


9 comments:

JennyKozar said...

What a great idea! Love this card.

Jean said...

How cool!

Julie Odil said...

What a great project, Thienly! You never fail to inspire!

jules said...

lOVE this Thienly....but especially the biker pp...please do tell...what is the brand?!?!

Thienly Azim said...

jules - Oh, forgot to mention the papers! It's Echo Park mini collection - Family Man :)

Kris said...

I'm in awe of how you got from the picture to the fabulous card...amazing.

Angie Blom said...

You are amazingly creative!!

Lisa Angela said...

what an awesome card....I love everything about it! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

sue morris said...

This is SO awesome!! and what great inspiration!!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close