Make a wish - and Happy Birthday!

Good morning! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards - back again with my final guest designer post! It has been such a fun month for me - thank you so much for stopping by each week, and for the sweet comments you left me!

Today I'm sharing a couple cards I made using the "smooshing" technique! I basically used a few different ink colors, smooshed them on my nonstick mat, misted with water, swirled together a bit with my fingers to smooth the edges, then smooshed my cardstock in there and allowed to dry before adding my images and sentiments.


This first one, I used a soft color combo, then used Plenty of Pandas to add my image and sentiment. Oh how I love these sweet pandas! 


I added some pattern paper layers stitched together, some Glossy Accents and glitter, and a few sequins.


Next up - I went with a much bolder color combo:


I used this fun set that I just love, Far Better Things Ahead Grab Bag - LOVE the variety in this set!


Finished off by drawing a string in with a black pen, added a few wood veneer stars, and covered the balloon with Glossy Accents. Let me just tell you - that took FOREVER to dry! :)


Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today! Hope you have a WONDERFUL day!