Watercolor Sympathy Cards

Good morning! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards - back again with another guest designer post!

One of the hardest cards for me to make is Sympathy cards - I have found that it is so much easier to have a few on hand than to need to make them at the time you need them. And as we recently went through a family tragedy, I know how much such a simple thing can mean. So I thought I would make a few all at the same time - and watercolors are the perfect way to make multiple cards easily, that are each unique and different.


I used SORRY love & prayers - a perfect simple sympathy sentiment, and added some floral images at the top with Blossoming Thoughts and Wishes - the March 2015 Sentiment Kit.



I stamped them all on watercolor paper, then added watercolors in different color combinations. Added some machine stitching on the sides, then mounted with foam adhesive on different color cardstock bases. Finished off with a touch of Glossy Accents on parts of the image, just to add a little shine and interest. Here is a close up of each card:





Hope these inspire you for those difficult times when a sympathy card is needed!

Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today! Hope you have a WONDERFUL day!


Labels: ,