DT Tuesday with Karen

Hello & Happy Tuesday Unity friends!
Today, I am sharing a shabby mixed media card with you today!


The two layered background was covered by blending various
Distress Inks onto some watercolor paper, until I achieved this muted look.  
Hint: adding a spritz of water to the inks and then blotting them with a paper towel will
lift some of the color and give you more of a muted tone, which helped the shabby look.
 Then, using a stencil on top of those base card layers, I blotted some
Picket Fence Distress Paint to the distress inked layers.  
I love the texture it creates on top of the watercolor paper.

I used the same method for the diecut itself, except I didn't use a stencil there!
I just blotted the paint onto it, to give yet another different texture to the card.


The middle of the die cut (and the sentiment banner) were both stenciled in 
with Distress ink.  Lastly, I stamped the beautiful flower and heat embossed it in white.
It was colored in with Distress Inks matching the base of the card!  So, there it is! 
No designer paper used except my very own made created by using different mixed media products!

How about that sweet sentiment?  
I figured it would be perfect for sending to someone special 
who would like some extra special encouragement!

Beauty Comes from Being You - KOM {10/15}


Now, I'd love to share a few Unity Picks for this week!
This first card was created by Bella Smith!  
I love the texture, sweet embellishments and fabulous coloring
which makes for one stunning card!!


Then, my next pick is from Shannon Pavlovic Edwards!  
This background is amazing..not to mention the coloring and her sweater...gorgeous!  
I love the addition of the hearts going across the card too!


Until the next time, I will leave you with this inspirational thought...


Have a wonderful & creative day!

Hugs & Smiles,











Labels: , ,